The applications dealine – April 20th, 2019
THE APPLICATION FORM
Please fill in the application form available at http://konkurspaderewskiego.pl/en/application-form/
Please prepare the following documents in order to effectively complete the form:
- a precise description of the repertoire performed during the Competition and duration time of every work;
- a recent black and white photography;
- a photocopy of a candidate’s identity card, passport or any other document confirming applicant’s date of birth;
- a short artistic resume presenting previous concert experience, participation in other competitions, names of former professors, and completed schools;
- a photocopy of awarded diplomas, prizes, honorable mentions;
- a reference letter written by a well-known musician, pianists or the applicant’s recent professor;
- the proof of entry fee payment in the amount of 100 Euro (net) into the following account:
Towarzystwo Muzyczne im. Paderewskiego
(the Paderewski Music Association)
BANK: Bank BGŻ BNP Paribas S.A. Oddział Operacyjny w Bydgoszczy
Address of the Bank: Fordońska 74, 85-719 Bydgoszcz, Poland
IBAN BANK PL 46 2030 0045 3110 0000 0028 4270 (Euro account)
All the documents required to apply shall be sent no later than April 20, 2019.
a) the application shall contain all the required documents to be processed;
b) sent documents and the entry fee shall not be subject to return.
As soon as the Commission has considered written applications, applicants shall be informed about their direct acceptance to the Competition or their invitation to the Preliminary Auditions – not later than April 30th, 2019.
The Office of the Competition reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
ONLY IN EXCEPTIONAL CASES
A pianist who on some well substantiated grounds proves he/she is incapable of participating in the Preliminary Auditions shall receive the approval of the Competition Office to send the recording presenting the Preliminary Auditions repertoire on DVD by June 15th, 2019 at the address of the Paderewski Music Association in Bydgoszcz.
The recording shall present the performance of the pianist’s hands, his/her whole silhouette and right profile; it shall be taken with one camera, without any editing. To improve sound quality the use of external microphones is advised.
The recording shall be signed by the applicant and its authenticity must be confirmed by the pianist’s recent professor or other known musician. Said confirmation shall also contain a telephone number, facilitating – if need be – direct contact.